Updated: Oct 17, 2022
• 2 pounds boneless beef ribs
• 1 Tablespoon oil
• 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 1 Tablespoon AP flour
• 1 can coconut milk
• 4 ounces red curry paste
• 2 Tablespoon sugar
• 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
• Juice from 1 lemon
• Salt and pepper
1. Salt and pepper both sides of the ribs.
2. Add the oil to a pan and sear both sides of the ribs on medium heat.
3. Place the seared ribs into a crock pot or Dutch oven. Reserve the liquid from the beef in the pan you seared them in.
4. Add the garlic and ginger to the searing pan and stir until fragrant over medium heat.
5. Add the flour and stir into a paste with the garlic and ginger.
6. Add the red curry paste and continue to stir until well combined with the flour mixture.
7. Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, fish sauce, and sugar and stir with a whip until well incorporated. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
8. Pour the curry mixture over the ribs, cover and cook for 6 hours in a slow cooker or about 2 and a half hours for the Dutch oven on a medium heat on the burner. The meat should be tender and cut with a fork. If not, continue to cook until the meat reaches this point-baste the meat with the sauce as much as possible during the cooking time.
Serve with rice or noodles
Makes 2 servings