• 1-pound large shrimp-peeled and de-veined
• ½ cup chicken broth
• 2 teaspoon rice wine
• 1 ½ teaspoon soy sauce
• 1 ½ teaspoon cornstarch
• ¾ teaspoon sugar
• 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 2 Tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 teaspoon minced ginger
• 6 ounces washed and dried snow peas
1. In a bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, and cornstarch.
2. Heat wok over medium high heat. Add oil to the wok and cook shrimp for 3-4 minutes in a single layer until pink. Add the ginger and the garlic and stir fry for another 15 seconds. Add the peapods and stir fry another minute more.
3. Stir the cornstarch mixture, add it to the wok and bring to a boil. Stir fry the shrimp and pea pods for about 2 minutes until the sauce thickens.
4. Serve immediately with rice or noodles.