Updated: 4 days ago
Cream of Celery Soup
• ¼ cup butter
• 1 onion diced
• 2 cups chopped celery
• 1 clove garlic minced
• 1/3 cup AP flour
• 1 ½ cup milk
• 1 ½ cup chicken stock
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice the onion and celery, mince the garlic, and place in a large bowl.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot on medium high heat.
3. Add the onion, celery, and garlic to the melted butter, and sweat the vegetables until they are soft and show a bit of color.
4. When celery is soft, turn heat to medium, and slowly add the flour to make a roux.
5. Continue to cook and stir the roux until it comes off the side of the pot and becomes the consistency of peanut butter.
6. Add the milk and raise the heat to medium high, whisking the mixture frequently, not allowing the roux to burn on the bottom of the pot.
7. Add the chicken stock continuing to whisk as the soup thickens and is ready to serve.
8. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper.