• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 2 pounds flank, chuck, or top round
• 1 onion sliced
• ½ red pepper sliced
• ½ yellow pepper sliced
• ½ orange pepper sliced
• 1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
• 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 Tablespoon cumin
• 1 Tablespoon oregano
• 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
• 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
• ½ cup white wine
• ½ cup beef broth
• 2 bay leaves
• ¾ cup pimiento stuffed olives
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat.
2. Season the beef with salt and pepper
3. Add the meat to the hot oil and brown on each side for about 4-5 minutes each.
4. Remove the meat and set aside
5. Place the onions and the peppers into the pot and cook for about 7 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Add the garlic and stir well, pour in the wine, and simmer and reduce by half.
7. Add the paprika, cumin, oregano, both cans of tomatoes, beef broth and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
8. Place meat back into the pot, cover the pot and place back into the oven or simmer on the stovetop for about three hours, or until the meat is tender.
9. Shred the meat into pieces in the pot, add the olives and stir well. Simmer for about 10 more minutes.
Serve with rice and beans
Yields about 6 servings