Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce
Updated: Sep 29, 2022
· 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
· 1 clove fresh garlic, peeled and spilt
· ¼ yellow onion, roughly chopped
· 1 teaspoon paprika
· 2 ounces fresh cayenne peppers
· 1 cup white vinegar
· Pinch of salt and pepper
· ¼ cup water
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add the onion, garlic and paprika and cook until fragrant.
2. Add the cayenne peppers, and stir until peppers begin to soften
3. Deglaze with the vinegar, scraping any crust from the pan as you stir.
4. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Cool the mixture enough for transfer, and using a food processor, process the sauce until smooth. It will resemble a thick paste.
6. Add ¼ cup water and continue to blend until smooth
7. Strain the mixture through a sieve and save the sauce in a jar or bottle.
8. Discard the aggregate pepper mixture.
9. Be sure to cool the sauce before covering/sealing it.
Hot sauce will keep or up to 3 months in the refrigerator in a sealed container