Updated: Sep 10
· 12 ounces cooked orecchiette pasta (edited version)
· ¼ cup toasted breadcrumbs
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· ½ pound applewood smoked bacon, chopped
· 1 shallot, minced
· 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
· 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut lengthwise
· 2 cups fresh basil
· 2 cups cooked sliced chicken breast
· ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
1. Cook the orecchiette according to package directions. Drain when cooked and set aside.
2. Prep all the ingredients and set up your mise en place by the stovetop.
3. In a large skillet on medium heat, add the breadcrumbs, shaking the pan to toast them evenly. When they are toasted, remove, and set aside in your mise.
4. In the same skillet on medium heat, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon grease and replace it with the olive oil.
5. Add the shallots and the garlic and sauté until very fragrant.
6. Add the tomatoes and continue sauteing until the tomatoes begin to break down.
7. Add the chicken and the basil and stir well.
8. Add the orecchiette and stir until completely hot.
9. Plate, and top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese