Updated: Sep 29, 2022
Makes 4 servings
· ¾ cup roasted cashews
· ¼ cup water
· 2 teaspoons cornstarch
· 1 tablespoon soy sauce
· 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
· 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
· 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
· 1 bunch scallions
· 1 small can diced water chestnuts, drained
· 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil
· Salt and black pepper as needed
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, cornstarch, hoisin, and soy sauce. Set aside.
2. Cut the chicken into ½ inch dice
3. Place the diced chicken in a large bowl.
4. In a wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry for about 5 minutes. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Add the garlic, water chestnuts, and the whites of the scallions.
6. Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice vinegar; cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
7. Add the sauce mixture to the chicken; cook, tossing, until the chicken is cooked thoroughly, and the sauce has thickened, about 1 minute.
8. Remove from the heat. Stir in the scallion greens, cashews, and sesame oil.