Hungarian Mushroom Soup
• 4 Tablespoons butter
• 2 small onions-diced
• 1-pound of sliced mushrooms
• 2 teaspoons dill weed
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
• Juice from ½ lemon
• 2 ½ cups chicken stock
• 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
• 4 Tablespoons AP flour
• 1 cup milk
1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven or pot. Add the diced onions and sauté.
2. Once the onions have become fragrant, add the mushrooms, and cook down until the mushrooms are soft and halved in volume
3. Add the dill weed, thyme, garlic, and paprika, stir well, then add the lemon juice and stir again, and let cook for about 2 minutes.
4. Add the flour little by little until a roux forms, cook the roux for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the soy sauce and milk, and stir, continuing to cook.
6. Add the chicken stock and using a whip, mix the soup until it begins to thicken.
7. Lower the heat to medium and simmer the soup for about 10 minutes.
8. Garnish with sour cream and fresh parsley.
Makes about 4-6 servings. Serving sizes vary