Updated: Oct 23
• 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
• ½ cup chopped onion
• ½ red pepper-diced
• 1 ½ cup sliced white mushrooms
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast
• 1 teaspoon fish sauce
• 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
• 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
• 1 cup coconut milk
• ½ cup milk
• 1 Tablespoon red curry paste
• 1 teaspoon chili sauce
• 3 Tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• Fresh cilantro for garnish
1. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. When hot, add the mushrooms, onion and pepper and cook until tender.
2. Add the chicken broth and the cooked chicken and heat for 5 minutes while stirring.
3. Add the fish sauce, Worcestershire, and lemongrass paste, and simmer for 5 minutes while continuing to stir.
4. Add the milk and the coconut milk, turn heat to low, cover, and let simmer for 2 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, combine curry paste, chili sauce, tomato paste and cornstarch, and mix well. Stir into soup as it simmers, until the soup slightly thickens and takes on a silky complexion.
6. Season as needed with salt and pepper and serve over the cooked rice.
7. Top with fresh cilantro leaves