• ½ cup mayo
• 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
• ½ yellow onion diced
• 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
• 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika
• 1 14 oz can dice tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 3 medium russet potatoes-cut into ½ inch cubes
• Vegetable oil for frying
1. Make the garlic aioli by mixing the ingredients. Chill in refrigerator until potatoes are done.
2. In a large pot heat about 2 inches of oil to 300 degrees F.
3. Working in small batches, fry the potatoes for about 5 minutes, then remove from oil and place on a lined cookie sheet to cool. Continue this process until all the potatoes are fried.
4. While the potatoes cool, make the brave sauce by heating the olive oil in a saucepan and sautéing the onions until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes. Add the paprika, tomatoes, salt and pepper, vinegar, and sugar. Mix well and cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Reheat the oil and fry the cooled potatoes for 5 minutes until golden brown. Place them back on the cooling rack.
6. Place the bravas sauce in a blender or processor and blend until smooth
7. Place the cooked potatoes in a serving bowl and add some of the bravas sauce and mix well. Top with the garlic aioli and serve.
Makes 4 servings