Thai Basil Beef
When looking to cook a quick meal after a busy day, it always seems that chicken or ground beef is the go-to choice. And since I love Thai cuisine, it only made sense to cook up something deliciously easy with the ground beef and wilting basil that I had in the fridge, and put a Thai twist on it.
So here is a great recipe for Thai Basil Beef-simple to make, and most of the ingredients are in your kitchen. I hope you enjoy!
· 2 Tablespoons olive oil
· 1 pound ground beef
· 1 bell pepper or 3 small, sweet peppers-diced
· 1 onion-diced
· 2 tablespoon minced garlic
· 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
For the sauce:
· 1 Tablespoon chili paste
· 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 Tablespoon fish sauce
· 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
· 2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set to the side
2. Cook the ground beef in a large saucepan in the olive oil.
3. Add the diced pepper and onion and continue to cook until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
4. Add the garlic and the sauce, cook 5 more minutes.
5. Add the basil and stir well. Cover and turn off heat.
Serve with rice or noodles
Click below to see the full video recipe