• 2 medium sweet potatoes
• 2 Tablespoon butter
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
• 1 package Panko breadcrumbs
• 1 egg
• Oil for shallow frying
1. Cook the sweet potatoes thoroughly. Let cool enough to handle. Take out the potato flesh and put into bowl with the butter, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Mix well and place bowl into refrigerator for 45 minutes.
2. Set up breading station with the egg wash and breadcrumbs.
3. After potato mixture has cooled. Make patties and dip into the egg wash and coat with the breadcrumbs.
4. Shallow fry in hot oil until golden brown in both sides. Place on paper towel to drain and serve immediately.